J2ME is the most popular and widely accepted platform for wireless phones from leading phone manufacturers such as Sony-Ericsson, Nokia, Motorola, and Samsung. Our experienced J2ME developers competently design J2ME applications and port them across different handsets.
J2ME is a JAVA 2 Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME). J2ME provides a flexible environment for mobile application. We are developing Native J2ME mobile application development, BlackBerry application, Bluetooth applications, JSR 75, XMPP chat. The J2ME mobile application is based on CLDC/MIDP and different JSRs. Kellton Tech provides offshore development and outsourcing services based on several years of experience in executing mobile application development projects using J2ME. Our dextrous J2ME developers create applications, test them in simulators and port them to mobile devices.
Our J2ME Excellence Center has worked on technologies such as:
- Native J2ME application based on CLDC/MIDP
- Blackberry application development
- Bluetooth applications for mobile
- JSR 75-based development on J2ME
- Native Blackberry device application
- XMPP-based chat service application development
- Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP)
- J2ME Web Services APIs, (WSA)
- Wireless Messaging API (WMA)
- Security and Trust Services API for J2ME (SATSA)
- Mobile Media API (MMAPI)
- J2ME Location API (JSR 179)
- J2ME Bluetooth API (JSR 082)
Some of the applications developed by Kellton Tech for J2ME devices include:
Field Service Solutions
Companies using field service solutions realize enormous revenue gains. Knowing the location of your field-based technicians ensures that you can react quickly when you need to identify the closest available worker. Worker productivity increases because of accelerated response time to customer needs. Kellton Tech is capable of providing you with result-oriented field service solutions:
- Know location of workers and assets.
- Efficiently dispatch jobs to appropriate technicians.
- Receive up-to-the-minute status of jobs.
- Provide audible navigation to job sites.
- Control payroll and overtime with tamper-proof wireless timecards.
Golf Aid Applications
This is a GPS-based golf course directional and tracking system. One can download and display golf courses with a digital map on PDA, using GPS to provide exact distance and direction to the green, sand traps or any other course feature. Kellton Tech has built a rich J2ME golf system design that provides the course operator with greater flexibility at lower costs compared to conventional cart-based GPS systems. The system can be configured to satisfy the unique needs of a greater number of courses, thereby maximizing the course return on investment.
Mobile Social Networking
Kellton Tech mobile technology is augmented with powerful Location-Based Services (LBS), which provide knowledge to enable the proliferation of mobile social networking. Similar to web-based social networking, mobile social networking occurs in virtual communities. As the software technology advances, these virtual communities have migrated to mobiles.
Kellton Tech has used this technology in synch with wireless network technologies that include SMS, WAP, and Java to develop successful mobile social networks on GPS enabled (native or Bluetooth) mobile devices from Motorola, Nokia, etc.
Consumer Trial Survey
Kellton Tech follows the GPS Mobile Survey technique that enables the tracking of responses from anywhere in the world. This provides the exact location of surveyors/applicants. This is also useful for increasing the reach of the surveyor as s/he can approach many more people to request survey participation personally. Kellton Tech has experience building easy J2ME-based survey applications that can be sent to users on their mobile devices so that they can take part in them at their convenience.
Vehicle Tracking System
Today GPS-fitted cars, ambulances, fleets and police vehicles are common sights. Known by many names such as Automatic Vehicle Locating System (AVLS), Vehicle Tracking and Information System (VTIS) and Mobile Asset Management System (MAMS), these systems offer an effective tool for improving the operational efficiency and utilization of vehicles. GPS is used in vehicles for both tracking and navigation.
- Tracking systems enable a base station to keep track of vehicles without intervention of driver.
- Navigation system helps driver to reach destination.
- Kellton Tech has been uses GPS technology to produce robust J2ME Vehicle Tracking Systems for Department of Transportation (DOT), Duty Service Reporting (DSR) and vehicle fleet management systems.