Digital transformation is a buzzword nowadays. Every company wants to take the digital leap; the time is now, don’t miss the bus.
Sapphire Now 2017 was held from May 16-18, 2017 in Orlando, Florida. It was a great platform to bring together industry experts, mentors, and SAP specialists and share their views about the possibilities of digital transformation through SAP solutions.
In case you did not attend the event, no need to worry. Here are the event highlights for you.
- SAP Leonardo
Innovation has reached greater heights with the launch of SAP Leonardo – an analytics platform leveraging SAP capabilities. Reinvent your business for the digital world by accelerating innovation and enhancing scalability. We learned how SAP Leonardo portfolio brings together the core of your business with powerful new innovations that offer game-changing benefits. Customers and partners shared their insights from the challenges in their digital transformation journeys.
- Keynotes by eminent speakers
a. Bill McDermott (President, SAP): Emphasized on SAP’s responsiveness to customer needs through the strengthening of the user experience with SAP Fiori, the development of clear roadmaps, and simplified pricing for SAP solutions, as well as free static-read access in third party systems of your business data. Despite being rated as one of the top 10 empathetic companies in the world economy, SAP recognizes that customer satisfaction is a constantly moving target and will continue to innovate in response to customer needs.
b. Hasso Plattner (Co -Founder, SAP): Focsued on the accelerated speed of business and the responsiveness and relevance of S/4HANA Cloud. With S/4HANA Cloud all enhancements and updates are included and applied for the customer. This simplifies and provides the latest and greatest innovations to allow for improved business processes and agility. New interfaces are being added daily and the roadmap for enhancements and application development is being communicated to allow customers to plan their roadmap effectively.
c. Bernd Leukert: Spoke on how digital transformation is changing the rule book for businesses through such things as increased individualization, shorter, faster product lifecycles, and changes in consumer buying behaviors. To maintain relevance and compete in the digital marketplace, businesses must drive innovation by connecting their business processes with new technology, services, software, devices and people. This can be achieved by leveraging cloud applications, platforms, machine learning, and the Internet of Things. He emphasized the importance of software as the key component in the success of every company’s digital strategy and ultimate business survival.
- Opportunities for digital enterprises
- HANA – The defacto, standard, in-memory platform for the enterprise;
- S/4HANA Cloud – The most intelligent, relevant cloud ERP in the market-place today;
- SAP Cloud Platform – The best integrated portfolio for line of business leaders in procurement, HR, Sales, marketing, and commerce across 25 industries to meet the needs of small, mid-size, and large enterprises;
- SAP Digital Boardroom – Run your business live - sense, analyze, and predict in real-time with real-time access to customer interactions, total spend management, and total work-force analytics.
- Omni-channel Customer Experience with SAP Hybris – Allows you to showcase your products and services and create a personalized, relevant experience for your customers every time they interact with your business.
- SAP & IoT - Offers a comprehensive portfolio of solutions for the Internet of Things, allowing you to develop, deploy, and manage your own real-time IoT and machine-to-machine applications. Use the platform to automate processes at the core and connect to almost anything at the edge of your network.
Sapphire Now provided a fantastic opportunity to understand the SAP roadmap for upcoming innovations. We are in an exciting and challenging time. Only the most agile and innovative companies will survive. SAP is developing the software by which we will be able to change with, or even stay ahead of today's changing business climate.
As we closed on a busy week of learning, the key take-away was that long-term business success hinges on innovation through digital transformation. We must be responsive to consumer demands.
The only way to make that happen is through an investment in software that can help us capture, analyze, and respond to data in real-time.
Learn how Kellton Tech helps you leverage the capabilities of SAP and stay ahead in the digital transformation journey. Let’s talk.