Big data is the new oil to navigate through a digitally-led business transformation journey in today's exponentially disrupted business environment. With the rise of unstructured data generated from different sources, businesses struggle to manage relevant data out of the large volume of digital text data. This has compelled enterprises to pay substantial attention to Data Mining tools like Splunk that play a vital role in unlocking breakthrough value out of business actions, driving new growth, and delivering new efficiencies.
Splunk is a data mining tool that reads the machine-generated data from the data center, the cloud, IoT devices, mobile apps, server, application. It turns unstructured, semi-structured, or rarely structured data into powerful operational intelligence to run IT better, to better secure and audit IT. This software enables enterprises to attain real-time visibility and actionable insights to IT and the business, which results in better growth opportunities for business transformation.
An Intelligent Platform for Turning Big Data into Actionable Outcomes
This intelligent "Data-to-everything" platform has been designed to drive maximum outcomes by reading unstructured, semi-structured, or rarely structured data from websites, applications, servers, databases, operating systems, sensors, devices, and so on. It enables a business to thrive in complex data-driven business age by Analyzing trends, correlating different data streams, and identifying various patterns, anomalies, and exceptions.
Splunk can collect and index virtually any machine data in its native format from wherever it's generated, and slunk forwarder can forward the collected data to a central server or device in real-time. An enterprise can unlock the power of data and gain agility by rapid visualization and sharing insights in customer reports and dashboards.
With Splunk, businesses can leverage given below functionalities
- Ingest: It can ingest a variety of data formats like JSON, XML, and unstructured machine data like web and application logs. The unstructured data can be modeled into a data structure as needed by the user.
- Index: Indexes the data from websites, applications, servers, databases, operating systems, sensors, devices for faster searching and querying on different conditions.
- Search: Create searches from the index which help in
o Retrieving events from an index
o Calculating metrics
o Searching for specific conditions within a rolling time window
o Identifying patterns in your data
o Predicting future trends
- Report and Dashboard: Searches can be saved as a report, which can be used for creating a Dashboard in the form of a graph or chart for visualization. This is helpful to the IT, stakeholder, and business people to analyze the data
- Alert: It also allows sending alerts when search results meet some configured conditions. Alert can trigger an action like sending alert information to designated email addresses, posting alert information to an RSS feed, and running a custom script
- Data Modelling: The indexed data can be modeled into one or more data sets that are based on specialized domain knowledge. This leads to easier navigation by the end-users who analyze the business cases without learning the technicalities of the search processing language.
- Forwarding and Receiving (Indexer): In an organization, data can be generated from multiple servers or devices. And if the data need to be indexed from all the device or server, it should be forwarded to a central Splunk server that can index all the data from different sources. For this Splunk, forwarder needs to be installed on the devices or server which generated the data, which can collect and forward data to the central Splunk enterprise for indexing.
Adding Data: One can add data from a local file, event log, HTTP event collector, TCP or UDP protocol, LDAP or custom script, and so on.
Gain Competitive Advantage with Splunk
Across your enterprise, drive the maximum data-driven outcomes out of your unstructured data volumes with a purpose-built software solution Splunk that plays a crucial role in scaling up business agility and ensure maximum business resilience by
- 82% reduction in downtime.
- 70% lower risk in cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- 50% fast turnaround time for new apps released.
Splunk empowers enterprises to innovate and transform with confidence by simply allowing them to investigate, monitor, analyze and act intelligently with a large volume of unstructured data, which further helps to simplify collaborative responses across the organization. So what are you waiting for? Take your first step towards an insight‑driven organization.