When the businesses were hit by the fourth industrial revolution, continuously up with the new race, was not among the options. At such a time, hybrid integration platforms (HIP) emerged to rescue businesses and help them leap at the digital-born opportunities.
There’s no doubt that businesses, all over the world, are having a splendid time. It’s the digital euphoria they seem to be celebrating. But to their distress, the continuously evolving technologies and the need to re-engineer the business models in accordance with the changing demands are creating havoc in the industry. In such a condition, it’s the hybrid integration platforms that can keep the festive mood of enterprises buoyed up.
Hybrid integration platforms are the gateway to an environment where enterprises can efficiently integrate data and applications in both on-premise and multi-cloud scenarios. Besides, controlling the complete integration flow, the platform can leverage disparate data stores, systems, applications, services, and more to build robust APIs and custom business applications. It also sets the stage right for a perfect marriage of the traditional with the modern, upscaling infrastructure.
Hybrid integration platforms are many but a few among them gain traction among businesses. One of them is the webMethods integration cloud. Let’s explore the reasons behind and unravel the capabilities of this hybrid integration platform by Software AG.
Why is webMethods Integration Cloud Different from Other HIPs?
webMethods integration cloud is complete. In other words, it consists of an advanced set of features that provides enterprises with intelligent tools that together help them simplify the business integration landscape.
It does not demand specialized skills and therefore, reduce dependency on IT. In other words, webMethods integration cloud can be availed as a Service. Even a non-technical person can quickly integrate SaaS (Software as a Service) applications hosted in the cloud with on-premise assets, including the enterprise service bus (ESB) architecture.
When we talk about a HIP, webMethods integration cloud has an edge over others. Be it cloud-to-ground, on-premises, or be it cloud-to-cloud integration, webMethods support seamless configuration and offers a reliable hybrid integration environment along with optimum security.
webMethods Offer Seamless Cloud Integration Solutions
To successfully connect and optimize enterprise systems, services, skills, and other endpoints with all types of cloud-based SaaS applications, businesses need a HIP that enables to scale up and down according to usage. webMethods integration cloud is apt among all the hybrid integration platforms available in the market.
Simple yet powerful, webMethods:
- Supports seamless cloud integration without coding
- Offers wizard-driven service development
- Comes with advanced connectors
- Simplifies the complete cloud integration process
- Provide users (even non-IT) with easy-to-operate user-interface (UI) to perform diverse integration tasks, even through compatible mobile devices
- Provides traffic analytics for both customers as well as providers
An integrated Platform as a Service (iPaaS), webMethods integration cloud enables the on-premise applications to integrate quickly and seamlessly across public and private cloud scenarios. It is designed with high-end, agile capabilities such as drag and drop approach and multi-tenant architecture which allow the users to run full software development lifecycle in the cloud.
Topologies for webMethods Hybrid Integration
Requirements with respect to integration can vary from organization to organization and webMethods is apt to handle all demands, irrespective of their nature. Let’s briefly discuss the four different scenarios, with respect to the webMethods hybrid integration platform.
On-premise integration is a scenario where two separate applications hosted on-premise are integrated with each other. In this topology, both the applications contain individual interaction server, which interacts with their respective applications. webMethods facilitates hassle-free integration. For instance, it uses universal messaging, which allows both the integrated servers to interact with each other.
On-Premise Integration Topology
SaaS (Software as a Service) Integration
- In this topology, the webMethods integration cloud server help organizations integrate multiple applications and disparate data sources based on the same cloud. webMethods use cloud connectors to connect applications and data sources and thus, facilitates hassle-free interaction. It further takes the SSI (Self-Service Integration) approach, where tasks, with subject to integration, are automated, which allows you to trigger an action.
- When an event occurs, SSI completes the action demanded by the respective recipes.
SaaS Integration Topology
On-Premises and SaaS Integration
- This topology is preferred when some of your applications are running in a single cloud environment, whereas others are hosted on the on-premise data center. webMethods hybrid integration platform enables enterprise applications hosted on-premise to integrate and interact with the cloud-based SaaS application in one single scenario.
- Both the integration servers are connected through the cloud connectors and form the hybrid integration platform.
On-Premise and SaaS Integration Topology
Multi-Cloud SaaS Integration
This scenario is recommended when businesses want to integrate applications deployed in multiple, distinct cloud environment. webMethods integration cloud server facilitates a seamless connection between disparate applications deployed in different cloud environments. In this topology, SSI automates the integration tasks and triggers an action that can be further used to integrate applications deployed in a multi-cloud environment.
Multi-Cloud Saas Integration Topology
webMethods Integration Cloud is Complete, While HIP Landscape is Still Nascent
It won’t be wrong if we call hybrid integration platforms to be nascent because their capabilities are still being explored. Reports suggest that by 2022, the HIP market size is expected to reach $33.60 billion. Today there are selected players such as MuleSoft, Oracle, and SoftwareAG, which leads the HIP race. webMethods integration cloud, among all the available options, has gained the trust of the large number of enterprises worldwide as it offers high-end delivery models, caters to the diverse integration requirements, and leverages its full support to users of different types and nature.