Existing manual processes were a drain on productivity; non-automated data processes hurt efficiency; carrier onboarding processes were frustratingly sluggish
Implemented IT overhaul using webMethods B2B Product Suite; replaced manual data systems with high-end EDI infrastructure; automated carrier tendering and shipment tracking and invoicing
Improved efficiency and time to market; maximized cost savings; facilitated innovation
- Today’s enterprises are automating processes across multiple verticals in a disruptive trend to improve efficiency and productivity. Our client, however, was excessively reliant on manual processes, threatening their growth potential. Slow and outdated processes were resulting in significant operational delays, lost efficiency, and stalled growth.
- Lack of automated partner integration systems was creating operational roadblocks. Since carrier data was not generated in adherence with B2B standards, the client was not able to transact with the carrier electronically.
- Although the client had decided to utilize the webMethods B2B suite to implement their carrier integration platform, they were unable to design and stand up the solution quickly because of their lack of in-house skills on Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) standard.
Our client is a leading US-based provider of drilling services and equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. With six global manufacturing locations, including North and South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Africa, and a rich history spanning more than 127 years, our client is a powerful innovator in the mineral exploration space.
After careful analysis of our client’s business, we established a roadmap with a focused approach on automation and cost benefits. A technological foundation was built using Software AG’s webMethods B2B Product Suite and Greenfield Implementation was performed in an effort to automate processes and open new ways to innovate. The move was a strategic win.
Our team also implemented re-usable Enterprise Data Integration (EDI) components to empower the automation of inbound and outbound carrier transactions. We also established monitoring, logging, and error-handling frameworks for our client’s new EDI landscape.
The shift to an EDI infrastructure accelerated carrier onboarding processes and infused speed into data interchange across partner supply chains. Moreover, order-to-cash cycles were considerably improved, costs overruns were controlled, and visibility across operational workflows was gained. The solution acted as a pilot for onboarding carriers in the future. Emboldened by our solutioning, our client regained the strength to compete in the digital world and achieved a multi-fold scale up in their partner collaborations.
The set of ANSI X12 EDI transactions implemented for the client include:
- 204: Tender Offer
- 214: Shipment Status
- 990: Tender Offer Response
- 210: Carrier Invoice
- 997: Functional Acknowledgement
- Improved efficiency and optimized service timelines
- Accelerated time to market
- Improved business carrier transactions
- Reduced service and maintenance costs
- Ensured resilience for catering to future market needs
- Eliminated dependency on third-party systems for carrier information sharing