Recurrent downtimes; presence of legacy systems; reduced customer satisfaction; and hampered growth.
Deployed a full-scale, robust Enterprise Bus Architecture to transform legacy applications and build agility while harnessing the power of fast-streaming digital technologies; implemented a self-service payment gateway.
Shortened service timelines; maximized performance; improved customer experience; bolstered sales
- Tightening up latencies and building resiliency to quash downtimes is a serious complication. Our client was grappling with latent, manually-driven systems which weren’t capable of accommodating new customers, resulting in service turnaround times exceeding 48 hours.
- The next growth bottleneck was the knee-deep siloed operational structure. Multiple systems were working in isolation due to the lack of an integrated Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) solution. This resulted in disparity across value chains and operational instabilities.
- Payment processing protocols were in bad shape. The on-premise payment gateway was dated, lacked advanced capabilities, and didn’t live up to the pedigree of today’s avant-garde payment platforms. This slacked the pace of customer growth.
Our client is the second-largest municipally-owned public utility in Florida and the 14th largest municipality in The United States. They have a record of providing electric, water, and lightning services to more than 240,000 customers. The company operates 7 water plants and has a distribution network of 1700+ miles of pipe; providing basic amenities to people.
We deployed a high-end, smart, and extensive Enterprise Bus Architecture, which was further strengthened by half a dozen integrated services. Our solution approach helped the client be at the front foot of quick service expansion to other market verticals.
A data-driven process integration to inject connectivity, resilience, and integrity into the value spectrum was also developed. The services included Field Order, Outage Management, Prepaid Account Management, Meter Data Management, Customer Information System, Third-party Payment Vendors, and Customer Self-Service Systems
We enabled top-notch functionalities, like ‘Proactive Alerts’ and a ‘Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)’ system. While Proactive alerts were instrumental in detecting offline meters (outages) and sending real-time SMS alerts to customers automatically, the CAD system provided for automated handling of assignments by service engineers.
In addition to integration, we implemented high-level features with respect to the business needs of guaranteed delivery, security, transformation, and content-based routing. This boosted system competencies and revolutionized the bottom-line functions to achieve *digital prowess* in its truest sense.
- Reduced payment/service timelines from days to hours
- Decreased manual workload owing to streamlined, self-service customer channels
- Reduced expenditures and improved efficiency through process automation
- Automated bill processing and invoice management
- Improved customer service and increased retention rate