.NET Core 1.0 was released last year in June. In order to develop a basic framework of MVC 6.0 application on .NET Core 1.0, businesses need technical support which is not easily available. Developers spend more time in reading official Microsoft release documents to find appropriate solution then on building the application.
Building an application from scratch is not an easy task. It requires implementation of security features during testing and development of an application which is a tedious and time consuming job.
I have recently contributed a common .NET core (1.1) Application that serves as a basic framework to develop MVC 6.0 application.
The module is a three-tier framework with the following components:
- Web project i.e. the presentation layer
- Web API to process all business logic
- Data layer for all read-write operation to SQL Server database using EF 6.0
This module provides a basic architecture to develop a .NET application. Users can easily customize and extend the functionalities as per their requirement. Since the application is built on .NET core, it comes with cross-platform capabilities, thereby supporting projects on MacOS and Linux as well.
Prerequisites for Installation
To install .NET core 1.1 application, you must consider the following prerequisites:
- VS 2015
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
- ASP.NET Core 1.0
- SQL server (Backend)
- Entity Framework 6.0
- ASP.NET and web tools 2015 (RC1 and Update 1)
- Microsoft .NET core tools (Preview 2) 14.1.21111.0
How to Run the Application
You can select the latest code from GitLab and run this application in your system. There are many configuration items that you can search with the code “//CHANGE HERE:” and make changes as required.
This module will save time and effort on application development by directly using the module features.
Why You Should Consider Using the Module?
- Dependency injection helps in developing loosely coupled systems
- Claims and policies for authentication and authorization enhance the security of your .NET application
- JWT Bearer Token authentication at API layer enhance application security
- Custom action filters handles a unified model validation process
- Exception handling and logging functionality using middleware is a centralized code to handle exceptions and write logs
- In-memory data caching functionality minimizes database hits
- User registration and login functionality helps new users to login easily
- Based on password recovery mode selected, forgot password using email feature allows the application to either send a new password in email body or send a password reset link. Users can click on the link to change the account password
- User profile update helps in changing profile details of the user
- Search screen with sorting, searching, and paging increases search functionality of your application. You can implement these features on any screen as the code needs minor changes.
Digital Transformation comprises the largest portfolio of work for Kellton Tech. Learn more about how Kellton Tech’s digital expertise is increasing ROI of clients looking for .NET development services.