REST API’s are required for mobile and web app development. If you wish to build REST API’s from scratch, “Phalcon Micro” can be used.
Before you start building REST API’s, the first question that comes to our mind is “Why Phalcon Micro Framework?”
PHP Phalcon Micro framework is helpful in building enterprise applications such as high-load RESTful system. It has better performance than any other frameworks like Lumen, Slim, etc. as it is written in C language and is supplied as a compiled PHP Extension. This simple reason makes it one of the fastest PHP framework available in the market.
This framework does not need long operations with PHP files and does not need to be interpreted at every process/request. It loads into RAM once the server is started and uses few resources. Alternatively, Core PHP is also fast, but Phalcon Micro provides features such as ORM, DI Container, Logging, Routing System, Security Blocks, Autoloader, etc. Its innovative architecture makes it a framework of choice for the developers.
Building Small-scale and Large-scale Application
We can use PHP Phalcon Micro Framework for building small-scale to large-scale applications. Let us discuss how architecture of small-scale differs from a large-scale application when built using PHP Phalcon Micro framework.
a. Small Scale Level Architecture: This type of architecture contains Database, AWS EC2 Instance, and a View layer.
- Database: Any type of database such as SQL, NoSQL can be used.
- Server: We can use AWS EC2 Instance with Phalcon installation for the backend code execution.
- View Layer: View Layer can serve both the web app (use any frontend technology like AngularJS, React, etc.) and the mobile app (can build with Hybrid or Native).
b. Large Scale Level Architecture: This type of architecture contains Database, AWS EC2 Instance, Orchestration layer, and a View layer.
• Database: We can use any database such as SQL, NoSQL
• Server: We can use AWS EC2 Instance with Phalcon installation for the backend code execution.
• Orchestration Layer: This layer works like a communication service between the view layer and multiple micro instances.
• View Layer: View Layer can serve both the web app (use any frontend technology like AngularJS, React, etc.) and the mobile app (build with Hybrid or Native).